Sunday, October 23, 2011

Macon CX/Savannah CX Day 1 and 2

So as is the custom this year--my body found what is becoming a close personal friend of mine (ASSSPHALT) for a 5th time this year. Gotta be honest we all fall, but geeezzz--can't a guy catch a break without breaking something. Turns out didn't break anything from my 5 mph crash, but I couldn't walk right for 2 days (my left bar end gave me a nice tattoo on my thigh and colored up purple and yellow). Macon CX got me...

Fast forward a week and Linds and I travel down to the live oak city of the south...
We're having a blast and show up to the event and it's on a dirt track for moto's--kool venue.

Day 1 broke down into I just didn't have it...managed 12th, but felt pretty rough from start to finish...too high of tire pressure. My fat butt also on a remount dislodged my seat...if you have ever been down a slide backwards that's what it felt like for 15 minutes when I was trying to go forwards. G-Bot took 2nd and GA Nuero got their first podium of the weekend--(4 in all).

Day 2 woke up and felt great--I could tell I had the legs today...however, harking back to my earlier comment of 'can't a guy catch a break...' crash fest reboot showed up. Started strong felt great, G-Bot got a gap on his own so I was allowed to just sit in and cover--that kid can corner. The course suited me and I never felt like I was in trouble--in truth I sat 3rd wheel most of the day b/c of the covering I was doing. However, with 3/4's of a lap left...this kid in the new wood section decided to be a hero and fell right in front of me...there was nowhere to go and I had 4 guys on my hip immediately ready to pin their ears back. I tried the infamous Big John Stowe bunny hop approach, but really just rode over the top of the d-bag that couldn't keep it upright...the only satisfaction I had was that I maybe crunched his bike when I landed my 1/2 bunny hop attempt. Unfortunately he was able to get back up before me and I was left licking my wounds AGAIN!!!! I really felt I had this one sewn up, but when ever you least expect it and are on a good day your day can be over...6th place is marginal considering it should've been a 1 2 today for GA Nuero...bullocks!!!

on that note--i should probably go check my bike out...you never know, karma's a bitch...

tailwinds,

tcrisp

1 comment: